Apma Partners with Heartland to offer students medical services during the school day at their clinic located inside of Hibbard Elementary. Students are supervised to and from appointments at the clinic.
Providing services to students while they are in school plays a key role in keeping students healthy and focused. Healthy kids learn better. That’s why Heartland Health Centers believes in School-Based Health Centers and has seven school-based clinics in the Chicago area that provide urgent and primary care health care services. We provide a welcoming space convenient for both students and parents where we address a myriad of health problems. The rich array of services at our school sites have a positive impact on student well-being and academic success, and are a model for the nation.
- School and sports physicals
- Vaccines required for school
- Treatment for minor injuries and sicknesses
- Diagnosis and treatment for conditions like asthma and diabetes
- Individual, family, and group counseling
- Dental services including exams, x-rays, cleanings, and fillings
- Vision screenings
- Hearing screenings
- Health education
- Reproductive health services
- Nutrition and physical activity counseling
- Substance abuse counseling